Tuesday, September 3, 2013

FeeL iT!


“Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. 
Conscious breathing is my anchor.”

Dear fun&freeFEELers!

If you've been following my blog for awhile you may already know that sometimes, I get on a bit of an emotional roller coaster (uNdErStAtEmEnT . . .).

First, a wave of
overwhelm, fear, & sadness
kind of takes me over for a few days;
and soon after that, I may feel pretty
anxious & panicky
for a time.
WheW! And guess what? To be honest, in the past,
feeling stuff
has not been something I have been very open to or good at.

I  still sometimes have a little overhang from just feeling, as in,
I still get a bit emotional and well, . . . reactive.
(I'd like to shout out to my best friends here for hanging in there with me . . .YOU ROCK!). 

Of course this video from the Chopra Center landed in my mailbox this morning! It's about how to feel and release extreme emotions in 7 steps. CHeCk iT oUt!

Spiritual Solutions: Extreme Emotions
TheChopraWell

Here's a recap of the steps in BLaCk
  1. Take responsibility for your present emotions
  2. Witness what you are feeling
  3. Label your feelings
  4. Express your feelings
  5. Share your feelings with someone you trust
  6. Release toxic emotions through a ritual
  7. Celebrate the release of the feelings
I personally love when stuff is laid out in steps, and looking at these, I feel like the most challenging ones for me have been---well, . . .

ALL OF THEM! but especially 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, & 7. It's funny and great that we get to keep learning, if we're open to the lessons. Anyway, I am growing so much! So grateful to be sharing it with you!

LotS of hUgs!
;o})  dana 

No comments:

Post a Comment