Have you thought a little bit about your mantras? You may have even written them down! I have been working on writing mine on my driveway in chalk (but more about that later . . .)!
When I was teaching 8th grade last year, we were talking about cool sayings that have been passed down in our families. SO many of my students told awesome and amazing stories about where they had first heard their special words to live by.
First, I showed them this amazing
video called Big Think:
Check it out!
Then, I had each of my kids write down a mantra or special saying that speaks to their heart
or that they try to live by.
Here's what it ended up looking like by the end of the day!
Here's a couple of close ups . . .
By the end of the day, look at what we had--over 200 !!
Even teachers came to add their special sayings to our board!
Some words to live by from my fAbuliscious 8th grade kiddos!
- Chocolate makes you happy!
- Everyone smiles in the same language.
- Be the person you want to be.
- Freedom is not free.
- Let your wings soar to the sky!
- Be yourself; don’t change for anyone.
- Live life strong, or when you are old you will regret it.
- Choose the life you want to live.
- The only responsibility you have is to be the fullest expression of yourself.
- Immature love is I love you cause I need you; mature love is I love you cause I love you.
- Be a bush if you can't be a tree. If you can't be a highway, be a trail. If you can't be the sun, be a star. For it is not by size you win or fail; be the best at whatever you are.
- Yesterday was the past, tomorrow is the future, today is a gift--that’s why they call it the present.
- Keep calm and carry on.
- There are 7 billion people in the world why are you letting one ruin your life?
- Working hard is smart in the end.
- Pick flowers instead of fights!
So mUcH LoVe!