Sunday, June 23, 2013

mUsINgs on mY nEw cAr . . .

06.23.13.
mY bRaNd nEw cAr! yEah!

Dear FunFreePeeps--

I am delighted to announce that today I purchased my FIRST NEW CAR--at the age of 47. Now, I know that many of you may think that's a strange thing to celebrate for maybe a couple of reasons:
  1. Maybe you think I haven't owned a car before (I have been lucky and grateful to have owned 4 used cars before this one . . .)
  2. Many people do not have the luxury of ever actually owning a car. I have had to explain this to my kids, who may tend to believe that car ownership is automatic when one reaches adulthood. I have had to lay out the income it takes to pay for the car payments, insurance payments, gas payments, oil changes, and maintenance fees--freak out. Wouldn't it just be easier if Mom or Dad bought the car for them? Nope. Kids need to earn their accouterments; otherwise, they are taught to be entitled. As a good friend of mine says: IT TAKES GRIT.
  3. But the really important message of this blog is this: I HAVE NOT HAD MUCH EXPERIENCE WITH ASKING FOR OR GETTING WHAT I DESIRE, RECEIVING WHAT I HAVE RIGHTLY WORKED FOR, AND GOING AFTER WHAT I ACTUALLY WANT.
So today is very important. I declare:

I am a single, wage-earning woman who has purchased an amazing NEW car (it has 10 miles on it right now in my garage).

I can afford it. I deserve it. I am grateful.  am lucky.

AND--I don't have to apologize for buying a new car. Even though I feel bad somehow. 

Yikes. 

I am coming into knowing that I deserve what I want and need, and I don't need to settle for less. This also relates to my relationships; I don't need to go to default because I'm scared there's nothing better. 

SUPER SCARY.

I LOVE ME FIRST.
Love,
Dana



No comments:

Post a Comment