Monday, October 15, 2012

it'S uP . . . uP . . . uP . . . to yOu, yo!

heLLo aMaziNg fun & free following!


I've been checking out and writing about Cherie Carter-Scott's Ten Rules for being Human for the past week or so. It has been an amazing journey, and I've been reminded of so much (stuff I had forgotten . . . see rule 10!)


Sadly, we just have three left to consider and they are:


8. What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.

9. Your answers lie within you. The answers to life's questions lie within you. All you nee to do is look, listen, and trust.


10. you will forget all this.



Last summer I blogged about my Personal Codes of Truth for a week or so,--I even wrote them in chalk in my backyard driveway--and one biggie was "I am responsible for my own happiness." Interesting that we get reminders JUST WHEN WE NEED THEM, huh? Kinda sounds like rule ten, huh?


What you make of your life is up to you.
You have all the tools and resources you need.
What you do with them is up to you.
The choice is yours.

Most of my Personal Codes of Truth are about me taking back my own power and listening the Universe guide me everyday. Cool, 'cuz that guidance is inside my heart and my gut if I can get quiet enough to listen to it! So, that's actually helped me become more independent and responsible 'cuz I really can't blame others for my reality, my relationships, my stories, or my choices. In other words, I am responsible for my own happiness!
***********************************************************
Here's a cool piece about hApPiNeSs:

Tell everyone you know:
"My happiness depends on me, so you're off the hook."
And then demonstrate it.
Be happy, no matter what they're doing.
Practice feeling good, no matter what.
And before you know it,
you will not give anyone else responsibility for the way you feel-and then, you'll love them all.
Because the only reason you don't love them,
is because you're using them as your excuse to not feel good. 


~Esther Hicks inspirational speaker and best-selling author
*********************************************************************************
Like the quote says above, I get to choose where my energy and attention goes! Personally, I prefer the good stuff to the crap, and that means appreciating what's right in front of me. For example, 
  • right now I am eating my favorite treat--a delicious, icy coconut popsicle!--how lucky am I? (BTW it's almost three in the morning!!!!! oh well!)
  • and, I get to go for a nice walk in the morning 'cuz my mom's here to watch my kiddos--life is good!--
  • and, I'm doing one of my fav activities--writing to all of you! what could be better
  • and, I got a fabulous text from my daughter, Chloe, that said: "Sup yo this is Chloe I love you so much you are the best mom in the whole world I love you It's cool"--that's the awesomest message a mom could ever get!
Any-hoo, good thing I'm paying attention to all the yummy  juicy great stuff in front of me! I'm learning so much right now--in life, business school, relationships, and well, in everything! 

I personally believe we all have a birthright to be amazingly happy---life doesn't have to be dramatic and hard all the time (although we all have our ups and downs...). 

And personally, I think being dramatic and StReSsEd OuT is, well, 
eXhAustIng!

Just remember that when it gets tough, we can come out the other side with more tools and choices, if we choose to learn from the crappy stuff. How do you stay in your happy place? Leave an amazing comment or story and let me know!

BuCkeTs o' LoVe!
;0)  dana

No comments:

Post a Comment