Thursday, October 11, 2012

rule fOuR: LesSonS R re-PeAteD uNtiL tHeY R lEarNed . . .

"Lessons are repeated until they are learned."
10.11.12. 
(OMG look at the numbers on the date!)

hEy thErE hApPy freeFridaypeeps--
Hope your week has been amazing! For the past few days, I've been poking into Cherie Carter-Scott's work, "Ten Rules for Being Human." Her list is so short, but so incredibly powerful. Check it out! Today we'll be focusing on rule four . . . 
Ten Rules for Being Human

by Cherie Carter-Scott
1.
You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it's yours to keep for the entire period.
2.
You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called, "life."
3.
There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial, error, and experimentation. The "failed" experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiments that ultimately "work."
4.
Lessons are repeated until they are learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can go on to the next lesson.
5.
Learning lessons does not end. There's no part of life that doesn't contain its lessons. If you're alive, that means there are still lessons to be learned.
6.
"There" is no better a place than "here." When your "there" has become a "here", you will simply obtain another "there" that will again look better than "here."
7.
Other people are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.
8.
What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
9.
Your answers lie within you. The answers to life's questions lie within you. All you need to do is look, listen, and trust.
10.
You will forget all this.


Yesterday, I was writing about all of our individual lessons that are tailor-made especially for us by the Universe. It's interesting that many times, we think the same old stuff keeps happening to us, AND IT DOES . . . for a reason! As Carter-Scott writes, 
"A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it.
When you have learned it, you can go on to the next lesson."
Know what? That means that if the same old s(tuff) keeps repeating itself in your life forming a painful pattern, we need to

WAKE UP
and see how we are
PARTICIPATING
in
PERPETUATING
the
PAINFUL PATTERN
and if we don't . . . 
no worries . . .
it'll come around and bite us in the butt again
(in a different way . . .)
Here are my top three lessons I've been challenged with my entire freakin' life:

  1. It is not good for me to put the needs of others before my own needs. I love myself first, and that allows me to love others from overflow.
  2. It is not good for me to rescue others to boost my own self-esteem and ensure that they don't leave me.
  3. It is not good for me to put up with others' unkind or abusive behavior towards me; it is awesome for me to set boundaries, and disengage and detach from people who do no treat me with respect.
Where are your patterns screaming at you?
Love you so much, peeps!
;) dana

No comments:

Post a Comment