Saturday, May 2, 2015

I AM (in charge of my thoughts) . . .

Saving the World

Today may my prayers help me realize
I cannot control everything.
To put the world in order,
We must first put the nation in order;
To put the nation in order,
We must first put the family in order;
To put the family in order,
We must first set our hearts right.
-- Confucius
Good Day All--
Happy Saturday! This poem/prayer landed in my inbox this morning . . . just what I needed to read, of course! It reminds me that the only stuff we can control is within us . . . like in our own hearts, thoughts, and responses to events and relationships. And, if we want to have a huge impact on our beloved planet, we have to begin with ourselves. As Gandhi encouraged,

"You must be the change 
you wish to see in the world."

Last night, thing after thing kind of kept going wrong, and I had to troubleshoot, along with getting my kids bathed, doing homework, and making dinner! All this stuff happening in my home sort of threw me for a loop, which isn't a bad thing at all--I've learned to be pretty flexible, and even if things felt a bit, well, tOpSY tUrVY--I was actually reminded of some important stuff:
  • I am not always in control
  • The world is not on my timeline!
  • If I am upset about my situation, only I can turn it around and change my own thoughts & mindset--
  • Situations cannot MAKE ME FEEL a certain way, how I interpret them is up to me, and I cause me MY OWN distress! My feelings are my own business!
  • I can look at stuff and complain about it (VICTIM), or I can see the bLEssIngs and gifTs (POWER) in whatever life presents me . . . you know, like, as in presents?
Which, as usual, brings me back to GrAtiTuDe (yay!). SO here are 3 things I feel grateful for:
  1. I have an amazing handyman named Dave who comes over almost immediately whenever I need him. Thanks, Dave!##$!
  2. I had wonderful heart time with my kids last night, despite the mishaps . . . 
  3. We had yuMmY food for dinner--homemade potato, leek, sausage, & chicken gumbo!
  4. My kids loved having a tickle party!
(ooPs . . .) that's 4. Oh well! Anyway, I was able to turn around my gOOfy evening and make it AmAzIng! That's my (NEW) stoRy and I'm sticking to it! What sToRy have you been able to turned around? Leave me a comment and let me know!

Have a bEaUtiFul day!
;0) Dana

p.s.  Full MOON SUnday! Check out MoonCircles for some cool info and rituals!

No comments:

Post a Comment