Thursday, December 6, 2012

lOve Is the tRuE kEy . . .


"love is the key"
(notice "the" also looks like "true")
siDeWaLk eTchiNg by cHLoE
12.06.12.

hEy fUn & fRee PeePsies!

So, one week my daughter had a doctor's appointment (she's diabetic) about 1/2 hour away from home. We left an hour before her appointment, and since her blood sugar had been running high for the morning, she was really thirsty. I forgot to put a water bottle in the car, so I knew I had to pull over and get Chloe some water...she really couldn't wait the 25 minutes or so before we got to our destination.

I pulled into the parking lot of a little bistro 'cuz there was no street parking, and the only space available was one that read "NO PARKING ALLOWED." Now, when you are a parent, you sometimes have to look at the risks in a situation and decide what is more important; in my case, I would have rather gotten a parking ticket than kept Chloe from getting the water she needed (do you get what I mean?)

Anyway, as we were rushing out of the car to the bistro to get water, two big-haired, blinged-out women wearing high-heels came out of a hair salon (I think I sound a bit judgmental here, don't you? oOps! I do it, too!). 

The taller brunette looked at me in kind of a snotty way, pointed to the sign and shook her finger at me, 
"You're not supposed to park here. Don't you see the sign?"
The momma bear came out in me, and although I don't think I sounded too rude, I for sure was very short and to the point. I looked at her straight in the eye and said, 
"I understand that, thank you very much. My daughter is diabetic and she needs water." 
I took my daughter's hand and started to quickly walk away. The brunette looked surprised, and softened a bit and said, "Oh. Do you need some help?"
"No thank you."

We got a super big drink of water in the little bistro, and then walked back across the street to the NO PARKING (scary!) ZONE.

Guess what? The two women were waiting in their black Ford Escalade until we got back (maybe to make sure we didn't get a ticket? Maybe to see if things were okay? I'll never know . . . ). As we got into the car, the brunette waved to us, smiled, and gave us the thumbs up, and we gave her the double thumbs up back.
*               *                *               *               *               *               *
Hmmnnnnn . . . guess we never know what people are up to when they do stuff WE don't think they should do . . . maybe it's not really our place to judge, huh? Has this ever happened to you? It's kind of humbling, eh? Let me know in the comments! Tell us everything!

LoVinG it aLL!
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment