Sunday, January 27, 2013

bAcK tO oUr hEaRtS . . .


“Anything is one of a million paths. 
Therefore, a warrior must always keep in mind that a path is only a path
 if he feels that he should not follow it,
he must not stay with it under any conditions.
His decision to keep on that path or to leave it must be free of fear or ambition.
He must look at every path closely and deliberately.
There is a question that a warrior has to ask, mandatorily:
Does this path have a heart?’”

~ Carlos Castaneda from The Wheel of Time



"If I create from the heart, nearly everything works;

if from the head, almost nothing." 


- Marc Chagall

gOOd moRning aLL!

 TOP SECRET INFO! I am going to be a guest blogger today on THE DAILY LOVE website--a huge deal for our message! Check out my posting at THEDAILYLOVE.COM and leave a comment for feedback on the guest blog. That would be amazing! Thanks, and lots of love!

You probably already know if you follow my blog that sometimes I get very stuck up in my head. One of my besties has told me over and over: "Don't overthink it." In other words, I should stop thinking so much and listen to my heart.

Which makes me wonder why I tend to overthink so much and why I get stuck up in my brain so often. I guess I never learned to trust my heart and my gut? I mean, I get that it's really never too late to learn, but come on, already! Some things, I suppose, take a lifetime of practice . . . and, at least I realize this now. A few years ago, I was trapped in my head--I didn't even realize I was a prisoner of my own thoughts, sometimes. And, I believed thoughts were true (even though they are self-created . . . ). Now I know better, and I guess that's progress, huh?

Meditation really helps me calm my thoughts and focus on my breath--which can almost always bring me back to the PRESENT MOMENT,-- out of my worries about the future and yucky instant replays of my past.
In The Power of Now, Eckhart Tolle teaches us that we are not our thoughts and we are not our mind--we are so much greater! And he gives strategies for freeing ourselves of our negative beliefs and thought patterns. What we need to do is stand beside our thoughts and observe them (without judgement), and not necessarily believe them . . . but just notice them, and then let them go. Kind of like sitting on the side of a river watching the current of the water flow by. 

Ahhhhhh . . . I feel calmer already! 

Here is a super juicy heart chakra meditation to try . . . only takes a few minutes--and the benefits are amazing!
I totally know that my most important journey these days is finding the path from my head to my heart! How do you move from your head to your heart?
hEaRt U!

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment