Tuesday, January 29, 2013

i aM . . . sO sOrrY (II) ... (cont'd) . . .

 
Hey Friends!

Go(o)d news! My daughter, Chloe, is speaking to me again!

Yeah!

I can't imagine what it would be like if I had never been able to talk to her again... I love her.!

Last night, she left me a message that she didn't want to talk to me anymore.

I called her one last time at her dad's house, and she picked up.

Here's what the conversation was:

"Chloe, this is Mom."

"Hi."

"Are you okay talking to me?"

"Sure."

"I'm so sorry I was a crappy listener. I totally sucked. I just want you to know that I treasure and want to hear about your feelings, and..."

"Mom, it's okay. . .  I was really mad."

"Honey. I am learning how to be a good listener, and I WAS NOT A GOOD listener to you tonight. I'm sorry. Will you forgive me?"

"Yes, Mom. I love you. You get it. I forgive you."

"Thanks, honey. I love you to the moon & back."

"Love you moon & back!"

Forgiveness is grace. How beautiful to teach our children this gift.

LoVe You lOtS,
DaNa



No comments:

Post a Comment