As you embark out into the unknown on the
Journey of your Dreams,
choose wisely your traveling mates.
Your team and who you surround yourself with
is one of the most important decisions you can make
and a great influence on whether you will
complete the journey successfully.”
- Mastin Kipp
I can't believe it! I finally made it--
Today I must proudly admit that I, Dana Lynne Curry, have officially become a soccer mom, and I don't even drive a minivan! My son, Max, joined the school soccer team for the very first time this year, which is so cool, and brave, and a bit scary . . . !
I was thrilled to be watching him at his first game on Saturday. It was an amazingly beautiful, sunny & cool morning, and as I stood on the sidelines watching Max hang with his friends & get out on the field and play his hardest, I thought about the importance of being a part of a team.
Most of us are on teams--and not only sports teams, but also at work, in our families, in clubs, and lots of others! . . . some teams are a choice and others are more by default. My mom used to say, "You are the company you keep." In other words, who we surround ourselves with has a super huge influence over us.
What does this all mean? It means we need to choose our people wisely. Mastin, on of my mentors from The Daily Love, has told me that I need to surround myself with people who have what I want.
- Because I value peace, I commit to my own inner peace and surround myself with peaceful people
- Because I value love, I commit to being loving and surround myself with loving people
- Because I value growth, I commit to my own growth and surround myself with people who are also on a path of growth
- Because I value trust, I commit to trusting myself and surround myself with people I trust
- Because I value gratitude, I commit to my own practices of gratitude and surround myself with grateful people
- Because I value health, I commit to my own health and surround myself with healthy people
Who's on your team? Do you surround yourself with people who reflect what is important and dear to you? Or, do you maybe need to break up with some people who don't support the Journey of Your Dreams?
Hope you have a beautiful day!