Tuesday, March 19, 2013

fEEL rIGhT?

Dear FunFreePeeps!

Do you take yourself too seriously? Have you noticed that your life is very dramatic? I personally LOVE TO LAUGH (and sometimes I do take myself too seriously and my life is overly dramatic).

Anyway, the point is, I can sometimes catch myself in this self-defeating behavior and return to gratitude and laughter.

CaSe in pOinT: Yesterday, while my son was at his bass lesson, my daughter and her friend went to a toy store and bought "noise putty"--aka fart putty. Basically, when you put your hand in the container and squish down, the "noise putty" make a very loud, wet prolonged sound. I mean, seriously . . . it was so obnoxious.

So, as we went to the drive through at McDonald's, the girls were in the back going crazy with their "noise putty," and the drive through workers were kind of looking sideways at each other wondering what the heck was going on. I was laughing so hard I began to cry, and I finally blurted out between gasping laughter:

I'm so sorry, but my kids have fart putty!
and then I burst out into even more hilarity (with snorts in between) . . .

[BTW: My sixth-grade son was horrified, shrinking in the front seat out of sheer embarassment]

Anyway, the workers at the drive through started busting a gut along with all of us, and as we drove away, they were still laughing. I think we may have made their day . . .

I had to pull over into the parking area for a minute because I was laughing so hard, and between snorty laughter, my daughter said, Mom, I love being your daughter . . . (really, what could be more precious?)

These moments of letting go of what other people think, and just diving in to the hilarity of what's in front of us--these moments are gold. I personally know that if I can surrender to these moments it is a sign that I AM WAKING UP!

What do you do that makes no sense, and no money, just because it feels right? Leave me a comment and share your awesomeness!

LOL!
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment