Monday, March 18, 2013

thErE's nO pLaCe lIke ho(ME) . . .

There's no place like ho(ME) . . .

Dear FunFreeMePeople;

Today I took my kids to the film "Oz the Great and Powerful." I had no idea what to expect, but I knew it was supposed to be a prequel to "The Wizard of Oz,"--like, as in, how he got to Oz in the first place.

The entire movie reminded me of expectations. The Land of Oz was expecting a wizard to arrive and save them from the evil entities that had taken over, and when the wizard (who did not believe himself to be a wizard) landed there, everyone expected him to be THE ONE, and to save them. 

Repeatedly, he told them he was not THE ONE, and they would not accept it. 

And this is key: When the good witch was speaking to him, she told him,"You're not THE ONE we expected, but you are THE ONE who is here." (and, so he is the chosen one, cuz he is the one who arrived...do you get it? Nobody else arrived).

OMG.

And, THE WIZARD replied to her something like this: "I may not be what you expected, but I am what you need."

And because everyone believed in the wizard, he eventually came to believe in himself (and he faked it for a long time until he did believe himself to be the hero of heroes!).

In the end, I think the wizard may have been his own worst enemy because he needed to know, and love, and believe in his own integrity. 

I can relate. How do you challenge your own trust in yourself? How have you leaped to trusting the greatness of YOU?

You R OZ-some!
Love, 
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment