Monday, March 25, 2013

fEELinGs R rEaL-IngS!


Quotes about Feelings

Oh dEaR fun&freefEeLerS!

Whew! I needed to remind myself to breathe yesterday . . . 'cuz something super wObBLy . . . dark . . . gloomy . . . and scary came over me . . . and kind of tOoK oVeR and . . . I couldn't stop feeling like I needed to cry or maybe BArF (can you relate?)

 ;0( . . . but that's okay . .  .

And, today, I'm back . . . well, sort of . . . 

But it IS really okay . . . Today, I'm continued to share all my feelings, let them move through me--including happiness, btw! I totally spent an hour petting my new amazing ZEN-MASTER JAKE. Thank you, Jake, you centered me more than any yoga class could have!

So, here's my feelings about my feelings . . .
  • I have had a hard time sharing my feelings for most of my life. I think it started when I was a kid, actually, when gRowNuPs used to argue with me about how I felt (which doesn't even make sense, does it? how can you argue with how someone feels?). 
  • Others also used to tell me how I felt (did they crawl up into my head or into my heart?--what the hel(k) did they know NE-way?)
  • So, I learned to iGnoRe my feelings altogether. I haven't even known how to name my feelings until the past couple of years. But NO MORE!
I would say that my emotional life HAS BEEN rather . . .
U
        N
                D
                       E
                               R
                                       G
                                              R
                                                     O
                                                            U
                                                                  N
                                                                         D.
 . . . which means I generally don't share my feelings 'cuz I don't feel comfortable or safe. (But I actually DID share with you all that I was wobbly, even though I wasn't sure what it was about . . . and that's g(o)od progress, huh? . . . 
Fortunately, I am practicing knowing what I feel. Yesterday, I was and scared, and a little (actually, ALOT) confused . . . 

I used to just
    push
                my
                             feelings
                                                away   

iGnOrE tHeM,

aRgUe wItH tHeM,

or pReTend they weren't there.
(sound familiar? . . . that's what I learned from those silly gRowNupS. . . I don't really think they meant it, though, 'cuz they didn't know any better . . .)

It's taken a lot of practice to get my feelings again, and
 I still have barfy tummy butterflies when I share my feelings--like I think I'm going to get in trouble for feeling.

I am getting braver, 'cuz the You-niverse is giving me lots of opportunities to share my feelings lately--both super awesome amazing happy feelings! and black hole-in-the-heart scary hidden cave-in feelings

ffFeelers!: I encourage you to share your feelings--even if it freaks you out, caves you in, your  heart pounds, or you think you are going to puke! It will get easier!

I have been letting myself be sad. I have not been running away (nOt gOoD), eating chocolate (thud), smoking (eEw!), drinking wiNe (yuk), or stayIng in beD all day (lame) . . . AnD . . . I am so okay! 

Next time I feel (anything), I will give myself even more permission to just bE mE. . . (wherever I AM) . . . and LoVe all of mE, NEway!

LovE yOu,
SuperMe (2 sUpER yOu)!

No comments:

Post a Comment