Tuesday, November 6, 2012

dHarMa 101 part II . . .

hEy FFPs---
I was writing the other day that I have been getting a sense of something large in the past few months. I think it may have something to do with my blog, or spiritual work, or my pUrPosE but IT hasn't quite revealed itself to me yet.

I told one of my mentors that I wasn't ready for IT, and he told me that I can start anyway--that IT would unfold as a result of my starting the process. He also reminded me that we are never really ready, anyway, so I might as well just take a leap of faith and trUsT that the UniVeRse will lead and support me (like I was writing about yesterday . . .)

I do know that whatever IT is, it has to be in synch with my dharMa (purpose in life), aligned with my sPiRiT, and of sErVicE for the benefit of others--- as Deepak Chopra writes in his Seven Laws of Spiritual Success:


"Everyone has a purpose in life . . . 
a unique gift or special talent to give to others.
And when we blend this unique talent with service to others,
we experience the ecstasy and exultation of our own spirit,
which is the ultimate goal of all goals."

I 'fessed up the other day on my blog that the feeling of being nudged toward something different than teaching has been a bit sCAR(E)y--not only 'cuz I'm not sure what it is, but also because knowing WHAT THE DEAL IS, is always comforting. . . no surprises, right?

Stepping into something different is kind of freaky, since many of us have gotten the message along the way that CHANGE IS SCAR(e)Y. On the other hand, why would life present us (you know, as in pReSent, like a gIfT?) with opportunities if we weren't supposed to at least pay attention?

So--here's what might be trying to get my attention--btw, I'm not going to quit my amazing and fabulous teaching job; I just want to make sure I'm listening to the whisperings of the Universe in case there is more to my dHarMa:
  • creating a business around the content of my blog (if you have any ideas, please leave me a comment 'cuz I'm really not sure of the shape of this one!)
  • writing a book or an e-book
  • becoming a consultant or a speaker
  • studying to become a kundalini yoga teacher--for kidS and grOwN uPs!
  • teaching at a university
  • creating & teaching coursework about creative, empowered living and offering it on funfreeMe.com 
  • vLoGGing
Weird, even writing these ideas down and sharing them is kind of sPooKy! -- but part of me sharing what has been tapping me on the shoulder for the past year or so makes me accountable.

yO, yoU! anything been TAP, TAP, TAP, TAPPING on your shoulder lately? Leave me a comment and let me know!

Lots of LovE!
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment