Sunday, November 18, 2012

moVinG fRoM mY hEaD 2 mY hEarT . . .


mOvIng oUt of mY hEad anD iNtO mY hEarT
November 18, 2012

hEy gO(o)d pEopLe! 
Thought I'd share with you today an exchange between one of my mentor's, Mastin, and me. Here's what he wrote in his blog last week, followed by what I wrote back to him.
***********************************************************

They say that the longest journey we will take is not anywhere "out there" but within.
And this journey is the journey from the
HEAD to the HEART.
The thinking mind to the feeling wisdom.

This is our journey.  . . . The mind is a genius creation. 
Our logic is powerful. But wisdom is stronger than logic.
And wisdom is something that can be felt in the heart
and then attempted to be described by the mind.

All art, music, poetry and sacred words
are nudges from the heart as articulated by the mind.
And not the other way around.
So what does the journey from the head to the heart feel like?

~Mastin Kipp, THE DAILY LOVE


Hey Mastin! 


It's Dana. I love your blog today (I'll link to it for sure from my blog for sure . . .). I've spent a great deal of time and energy be-L(e)IV(E)-ing my thoughts--especially the crappy, critical, controlling & perfectionistic voice in my head! This behavior of being in my head has prevented me from being present, and my attempts to control or quiet the voice in my head through my various goofy coping behaviors have left me exhausted. It never occurred to me until a few years ago that I didn't have to listen to the voice in my head--that my authentic voice and stirrings must come from my heart.


I've realized in my recovery and in my life--that my journey has always been to find the path from my head to my heart. I still live much of the time in my head, but I'm working on it through conscious breathing, Kundalini yoga, being out in nature, and meditation.


A couple of weeks ago, my friend shared with me that when I'm stuck  in my head I can visualize a ladder going from my head to my heart, and literally climb down the ladder--rung by rung--to occupy my heart. Then, I can curl up in the pure white crystal energy of my heart, holding a warm gold nugget in the palms of my hands--and simply rest . . . and listen . . . and breathe.

Sounds comfy, huh?
Take care and mucho quiero!
Dana
***********************************************************
How do you move from your head to your heart of hearts? Leave me a comment and let me know!

From the safety of my heart,
Dana


p.s. check out the link below to catch a snapshot of one three of my favorite mentors who will all appear--together! 

This EPIC episode will air today at 11 a.m. ET/PT on OWN; Oprah will have conversations with Gabrielle Bernstein, Mastin Kipp, and Marie Forleo--the “new breed of spiritual thought leaders.”

No comments:

Post a Comment