Sunday, November 4, 2012

dHarMa 101 . . .

"Everyone has a purpose in life . . . 
a unique gift or special talent to give to others.
And when we blend this unique talent with service to others,
we experience the ecstasy and exultation of our own spirit,
which is the ultimate goal of all goals."

Deepak ChopraSeven Laws of Spiritual Success

hEy tHeRe yaLL(s)--

So, I've been writing about dharma . . . I guess it's been on my mind lately, like it's tapping me on the shoulder trying to get my attention. I do believe that's how the Universe works, sometimes. And really, some of us need to get repeated messages before we actually GeT iT!
hEy tHeRe DaNa!
LiStEn uP!
(to your SpIriT, your hEaRt) . . . 
And, it's TOTES true that I for sure have been working in my dharma when I teach 8th grade English. I mean, my students get how much I love my job, and they also know that I get that my job is much much bigger than teaching 8th grade English in a middle school.
To be honest, I've known for a long time that my job is bigger than teaching English . . . like, as in, being a role model for kids, and being present for them in other ways (like, if adults aren't around for them, emotionally, physically, or psychologically), watching over them, socially, at school, and helping them learn how to be students--also, sometimes, just listening and checking in with my kidlets on a daily basis, during the week when I see them.

AnD (here it comes . . .), my caLL has gotten bigger, starting last year.

BACKSTORY: In all honesty, I have been a bit checked out at work in the past 3 years while I was going through a divorce and in transition with my family and my LIFE. Last year, I was coming out of the fog, work-wise, and I had the opportunity of having a student teacher--so, I had some time and space outside of my classroom. 
During the same time, I was working with one of my mentor's who is an amazing spiritual blogger: Mastin Kipp, from The Daily Love, and I got interested in the idea of blogging. It reminded me of journaling, actually.
When away for a weekend at my best friend's cabin, he showed me Blogger and how it works--and I wrote my first blog in about 30 minutes. It's like I was totally ready to write and put myself out there, and the right teacher appeared at the perfect moment. It was so easy and natural!
Later, he also came up with the name of my blog (and company): funfreeMe, and showed me how and where to set up an LLC. Anyway, since then, I've had a tickling of something greater. MUCH GREATER. aNd it has sCareD me.

I think I'll end there, there's more to the sCarY story! I actually need more time to think about it.

LOL!
daNa

No comments:

Post a Comment