Monday, November 19, 2012

moVinG fRoM mY hEaD 2 mY hEarT . . . (coNt'd)

Monday, November 19, 2012

The voice of our Heart, the feeling our heart shows us will never lie. . . . And the mind is so tricky that we think that we were following our heart, but we were actually following an impulse of the mind. When we truly follow our hearts, we know when we can move forward . . .

The wisdom of all of the ages is right below our nose and yet we search the entire world to try to find it. . . . The journey is not outward. The journey is within to the source of Life within you. And this source is not your head, but your heart – the part of your body that literally keeps you going all day.

In the end, you don’t need religion or a guru to get there. Everything external is a signpost guiding you back to the center of your own being. And when we get this, we step into a realization and a power center that is both calming and terrifying. 

We must begin to listen. And then we must begin to be the humble servant of our own heart. And allow it to guide us into the scary unknown where all the magic we know is possible exists.
~  Mastin Kipp, THE DAILY LOVE

dEar fUnFrEEpEEps!

I've been writing for the past few days about how I have come to know that it's my heart, not my head, that holds my truth. Problem is, I get stuck in my head often, and have a tough time turning off my brain.

I have done lots of stuff to try to "find myself" my entire life. I've had counselors, mentors, I've written in my journal, prayed, meditated, done yoga, gone to self-help seminars, healers, energy workers, retreats, and 12-step meetings, . . . I've run and exercised like a freak, overworked, and read countless books to try to learn about self-knowledge. Sounds pretty stupid on the page. . . perhaps I could have started with my-self? ya know, for self-knowledge? OMG am I a (beautiful) peace of work.

Don't get me wrong--this stuff has taught me so much, and my journey has been amazing (and tough sometimes . . .). However, (and I didn't really gotten this in my forties, btw!), just like Mastin writes above, "In the end, you don’t need religion or a guru to get there. Everything external is a signpost guiding you back to the center of your own being. And when we get this, we step into a realization and a power center that is both calming and terrifying"-- so I'm led back to my heart, and to my SELF. This is "both calming and terrifying"--because while it's a big relief, it's also big responsibility. 

It means that I finally have to get to know me, Dana, and live my truth . . . from the INSIDE:OUT, which is also called "self-referral" by Deepak Chopra. It means that living in "object referral"-- from the OUTSIDE:IN is no longer working. It also means stepping out of being a victim (small d-dana) and stepping into the most POWERFUL version of me (capital D-Dana).

(Here) wEeeEeEeEeEeeeeeEeeEeeEeee (go)!
Dana


No comments:

Post a Comment