Monday, November 5, 2012

reMeMbEriNg (funfree)Me . . .


gOoD mOrninG (or dAy) aLL!

So, as I was reading my blog from yesterday (I usually do that before I begin to write each bLiGGeTy-bLoG), I was remembering how I began bLogGing, and how everything happened pretty easily . . . like it was the right time and the Universe came together to support me. And--super interesting but absolutely no coincidence--the perfect teachers appeared for me at the perfect times! (and they always have, yo . . . I just didn't know . . .)

And, I realize that everything I have ever been through . . . my childhood experiences, my upbringing, my education, all of my (beautiful and diFFicULt) relationships, AND my general hArdShIpS and gO(o)dShIpS . . . have perfectly prepared me for what I need to dO RIGHT NOW . . . not that I necessarily know what that is yet, but I'll know when the time is right . . . rIghT?

What I do know is that when I am writing I am in kind of a fLoW(ering!) state of mind, and time drifts away and I am totally present . . . like, in the moment, totally engaged with was I am doing. So it's really amazing, and I feel so lucky.

Anyway, what I was going to say is that when I was reading my post from yesterday, & I wrote that I was scared--and guess what? When I looked at the word, I noticed the word CARE is in sCAREd.

I used to run away from things when I was scared--like a flight reaction--not even a choice, actually. I know I've grOWn Up a bit, cuz' I now notice the fact that I'm scared and don't necessarily run like a freak in the other direction! At least I notice, pause, and then maybe walk away, or face whatever I'm scared of, or still run lie a freak in the other direction . . . but at least I pause now and choose how I want to react (most of the time).

And, I suppose that CARE is in sCAREd for a reason--I'm thinking that when we face our fears, the Universe comes in and CAREs for us throughout the process. In other words, we are TOTALLY supported in all the lessons and fears we face--even if we don't always see it or realize it.

Footprints in the Sand 
Mary Stevenson 

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there were one set of footprints.
This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.
So I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
"Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?"
The Lord replied,
"The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints,
is when I carried you."

Over the past few years, I have faced some of my biggest and most painful fears, and it's been pretty damn tough sometimes . . . but I will tell you this: in the facing of these fears, I found within me a quiet strength I had no idea I possessed, and I got stronger. If I hadn't had the courage to face these fears, I wouldn't have known how strong I am . . . and knowing I am strong has helped me face the next stuff that shows up in my life.

So what fear have you faced, and how did you come out on the other side? LEave me a comment and let me know!

Lots of sCAREd,
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment