Thursday, February 28, 2013

gOt pRoMise?

Dear FunFreePeeps!

As you know, I've begun a 40-day practice which I am calling my Revolutionary Self-Care Reboot (click on the link for my plan). I am trusting that the right messages will find me in the next 40 days, and some cool stuff arrived for me today.

First of all, the message hanging from my yummy chamomile tea bag this morning, read "Peace" -- which matches my teacup. Yeah!

Another cool synchronicity happened, which is that I drew a goddess card called White Tara.

 This goddess reminds us about sensitivity, gently whispering: "You are becoming increasingly sensitive. Avoid harsh relationships, environments, situations, and chemicals." 

These two messages from the Universe gave me a signal that my Revolutionary Self-Care Reboot is happening at the right time. You know, it's hard to stay n track when we make commitments to ourselves, but a mentor once told me that the very worst thing we can do is break promises we make to ourselves.

Here is a beautiful verse from a sacred text by Christian D. Larson that speaks to this very idea.

PROMISE YOURSELF

To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best.
To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticise others.
To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear; and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
To think well of yourself and to proclaim this fact to the world, not in loud words but in great deeds.
To live in the faith that the whole world is on your side so long as you are true to the best that is in you
.
Christian D. Larson, Your Forces and How to Use Them, 1912

What promises can you keep to yourself today?

Loads of (laundry) LovE!
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment