Thursday, May 30, 2013

Don't BE-LIeVE your thoughts!


“There is nothing either good or bad, 
but thinking makes it so.
~Shakespeare
Dear FunFreePeeples!
Well, guess what? Last night I woke up at 12:30 and never really got back to sleep. My mind was taking over my body,  . . . hELp!
ALIEN INVASION!
This is what happens when I actually listen to my thoughts and believe them--especially when they are negative or self-critical, or they have to do with my past or worry about my future . . . 
      they get bigger
                     and BIGGER
                             and BIGGER
until they literally take over my brain and body!
I have to remind myself that I am in charge of my own thoughts and beliefs. My perception of the outside world is nothing more than a projection of my inner world, my fears, doubts, struggles, my own darkness. Here's another amazing quote about our thoughts and feelings:

"You are not your mind, your emotions or the circumstances of your life.
You are the peaceful observer of your mind and emotions 
hat allows life circumstances to pass through and around you
for your evolution to finally come to a place of total acceptance of all that is.
Only the peaceful observer remains after all else fades away.
Only the peaceful observer in total acceptance of what is
can take action towards effectively changing anything.
You are only this peaceful observer--everything else is as fleeting as the blink of an eye, choose happiness and don't buy into it." 

- Jackson Kiddard
We can choose to blame the world for our unhappiness, and our our lack of abundance and inner peace. Happiness is our choice and our responsibility 'cuz ultimately we choose our own thoughts, our own beliefs, and our interpretation of our own life events. If we are too busy focusing our time and energy on what is wrong, we may be putting our attention to the wrong stuff, at the expense of what is right.
We can choose to see the many incredible things that take place everyday in our world, and appreciate the amazing relationships  in our lives. And, when we choose to accept all for WHAT IS, we can be at peace.

Which brings me back to (of course! you guessed it!)

ACCEPTANCE & GRATITUDE.

So, to get myself of my brain and thoughts, I am going to meditate and begin a gratitude practice by silently saying thank you to all that is in my day.

Thanks for reading! Hearts!
Dana 

No comments:

Post a Comment