Saturday, May 11, 2013

Happiness . . .


“Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle,
and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared.” 

-Gautama Buddha
GoodDay funandfreePeePs;

You might remember that last summer I wrote my Personal Codes of Truth; they are about me taking back my power and listening my Universal guidance everyday. I never knew that guidance is inside my heart and my gut--when I can get quiet enough to listen to it! That's actually helped me become more independent and responsible because I've learned I can't blame others for my reality, my relationships, my stories, or my choices. My happiness depends on ME!
****************************************************************************************
Here's a cool piece about hApPiNeSs:

Tell everyone you know:
"My happiness depends on me,
so you're off the hook."
And then demonstrate it.
Be happy, no matter what they're doing.
Practice feeling good, no matter what.
And before you know it,
you will not give anyone else responsibility for the way you feel-and then, you'll love them all.
Because the only reason you don't love them,
is because you're using them as your excuse to not feel good. 


~Esther Hicks, speaker and author
*********************************************************************************
Like the quote says above, I get to choose where my energy and attention goes! Personally, I prefer the good stuff to the crap, and that means appreciating what's right in front of me. For example, 
  • right now I am eating one of my favorite treats--a delicious, icy coconut popsicle!--how lucky am I
  • and, I get to go to my son's play Godspell tonight--life is good!--
  • and, I'm doing one of my favorite activities--writing to all of you! what could be better
  • and, I got a fabulous text from my daughter, Chloe, that said: "Sup yo this is Chloe I love you so much you are the best mom in the whole world I love you. It's cool"--that's the awesomest message a mom could ever get!
  • I am teaching in my classroom, and I triple-diple LOVE my job and my students!
  • it's Mother's Day on Sunday, so I get to write love letters to my own Mom AND to my kids, telling them what an awesome honor it is to be Chloe and Max's mom! 
Good thing I'm paying attention to all the yummy  juicy great stuff in front of me! I'm learning so much right now--in life, business school, relationships, and well, in everything!

I personally believe we all have a birthright to be amazingly happy---life doesn't have to be dramatic and hard all the time (although we all have our ups and downs...). Just remember that when it gets tough, we can come out the other side if we choose to learn from the crappy stuff.

How do you stay in your happy place? Leave an amazing comment or story and let me know!

BuCkeTs o' LoVe!
;0)  dana

No comments:

Post a Comment