Thursday, May 23, 2013

Love U Just the Way YOU are . . .

go(o)D dAy, fReE pEEpS!

Last summer (after an amazing crazy slumber party), 5 of my daughters BfFs came into my room and wanted to wake up Chloe so she could go downstairs to plaY! They were all snuggled up in their blankies & jammies like little ducklings at the foot of my bed. 


My daughter, Chloe, had crawled in with me in the middle of the night, after I tested her blood sugar (I don't know if I have shared that she is diabetic--type 1). 

While my daughter was slowly waking up, one of her friends, Dascia, asked me, "Do wish Chloe didn't have diabetes? I mean, is it kind of hard to, like, take care of her?"

I thought for a split second, and I shared this with them:

"You know, it's might sound kinda strange, but I love Chloe exactly the way she is, and she knows that! I wouldn't want her to be any different than her amazing and beautiful self--and that includes her diabetes."

The girls looked a bit surprised, but they were listening really hard. 


I continued,

"And yeah, sometimes it's challenging, like if she doesn't feel well, or her blood sugar's high or low, but Chloe's really learned a lot about how to take care of herself, about her body, about nutrition, and about math . . . and a lot of other stuff, too. I think one of the most important things I can do as a mom is to love both of my kids just the way they are . . . everyday."

One night a few weeks later before bed, we were naming things we are thankful for, & Chloe said this in her prayer: 

"God, this might be weird, but I'm grateful for diabetes . . . I mean, 'cuz that's who I'm supposed to be."

Can you imagine? She's nine! It made me cry! 


Here's something else amazing she wrote when she was helping me with my blog ;)

God loves you awesomley and perfectley!! @##^%#$%^#$%# did I spell it wrong???? 
 yeah, i did. o well! 
I'm still a great gal even tho' i have d'b's (diabetes). 
DID U KNOW JOE JONAS HAS D'B'S? 
So yeah! bye bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
I'm still  perfect just the way i am even though I have diabetes.  

So yeah.
Rock on if you have dbs! . . . or not!


What if we are all perfect just the way we are (no matter what our challenges are) and just right where we are in life--and grateful for ALL of it! 

hAve a beAutIfUL dAy, aLL!
;0) dana

No comments:

Post a Comment