Tuesday, July 23, 2013

aRRivAL of BuNnY . . .


Dear Readers;

Here is the bunny who revealed itself in my YARD today. No coincidence.

Know why?

Because Jody, one of my wonderful friends, was in my house today and she happens to be an animal rescuer . . . she has saved squirrels, birds, bunnies, and more.

Rupert showed up in a corner of my yard today, and was waiting for us to take care of him.

Bunnies have been showing up for me a lot lately (and also throughout my life---I'll tell you about Sir Bellsworth Wigglebottom another time . . .). They must be one of my totem animals . . .

What's that? Have you ever had an animal friend keep showing up for you over and over until it gets your attention!? 

Sometimes animals serve as totems--- Webster's defines a totem as: "A natural object, usually an animal that serves as a distinctive, often venerated  [respected]  emblem or symbol, usually a means of personal or spiritual identity." So, when a special animal keeps reappearing to me, I usually pay attention and figure out the animal's message for me.

When I looked up rabbit, here is what I found:

Fertility and New Life

The Rabbit is known for its ability to procreate,
its fleetness, and its movement is by leaps.
People with this totem may find that their
endeavors go in leaps and bounds also.

If a Rabbit totem has appeared in your life, it may indicate a need for more planning
or to check those plans already set in motion.
Do not box yourself in a corner.
This totem may also bring a need to examine the kinds of foods you eat.
Perhaps a vegetarian diet, if only for a short time, can help you strengthen and heal.

Rabbit is associated with Eostra, the Celtic goddess of Spring,
and therefore associated with Ostara (or Easter).
This is the reason we celebrate with Easter eggs.
Rabbit is also sacred to the moon goddess Andraste,
the Norse goddess Freya, and the Greek god Hermes.
The Hare is associated with the moon
in many cultures including Native American, Hindi, and China.

Looks like it's time for me to pay attention to rabbit energy!

Blessings,
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment