Friday, July 12, 2013

SaD . . .


Dear FunFreePeepholes:

Does this picture make my butt look big? 

This picture is what I do when I am sad.

Keep smiling. Pretend everything is okay.

Other ideas I've tried (among others . . .):
  • eating
  • not eating
  • exercising
  • not exercising
  • sleeping
  • not sleeping
  • reading
  • not reading
  • believing my thoughts
  • arguing with my thoughts
Know what the hardest thing for me to do is? Move into my feelings of sadness. Too scary.


Will I ever come back? Will I die?

This is why I cry in the shower, in the bathtub, and when I am swimming. I feel supported by the water; I merge with the very tears that are coming out of my body and I am in a state of surrender.

My son has a move that he made up in the pool last week. 

He floats on his back, puts his arms out like he is a cross, and repeats quietly in a low singing voice: "Water Jesus."

I think he's trying to tell me something. Kids are so darn smart before they begin to forget and learn all the grown up stuff.

Thanks, Max.

Still okay.
Love, Dana




No comments:

Post a Comment