Thursday, July 25, 2013

LisTen tO yOuR hEaRt . . .


Dear Fun & Free Peeps!

Check out this amazing poster by Karen Salmonsohn. I have done a lot of reading and studying about manifestation and the LAW OF ATTRACTION (read the book The Secret or watch the movie--it's amazing!), and one thing I struggle with (and have for a long time) is that I'm not always sure what I want--or I don't trust myself enough to know what I want and just end up second-guessing what I think I want--does that even make sense?

A recurring and painful pattern in my life is this: It's easier for me to try and meet other people's needs before my own, so I've struggled with acquiring the skills & practice it takes to get in touch with what want--that just hasn't been my role--until just recently (meaning in the past 5 years, or so . . .). So part of my journey has been to GET IN TOUCH WITH ME AND WITH WHAT I HOLD AS MY DEEPEST  & MOST PRECIOUS WISHES.

I want my wishes to come true-- and therefore it's my job as a Child of the Universe to leverage my wishes, but first I've had to learn to LISTEN to the whisperings of my heart.

What has helped my find this inner voice is most definitely and directly tied to my spiritual practices, which include:
  • writing (in my journal and sharing my process in this daily bloggety-blog)
  • reading books, blogs, and literature that inspires me
  • healing/energy work
  • meditation
  • yoga
  • processing with loved ones
  • eating properly & exercising
  • treating myself with love and kindness; accepting myself as human (rather than perfect)
  • speaking my feelings and my truth respectfully and firmly (or, just barfing them out in inappropriate ways and then taking corrective measures after ;0)
  • intentionally being present, in the moment
  • saying "I'm sorry" when I make a mEsS with my words or actions
Now, really, this list is pretty long, and I certainly am not 100% on any of it--but the point is, I'm intentionally raising my awareness, and I'm trying to evolve. So, as I look at Salmonsohn's "How to make wishes come true," I am going describe what each item means to me right now on my journey:
  1. Feel your dream with all your might. This is about visualization, The Law of Attraction, and gratitude. We can make our wishes come true faster when we appreciate what we already have and act "as if" we already possess what we desire.
  2. List your "To Do's," Write. Write. Write. In order to manifest what we want, it's a great idea to write down what we want in specific, present tense terms. Making a vision board is also am amazing process.
  3. Overwhelmed? Take Smaller bites. Sometimes we go for the big stuff, when continuous, smaller steps might be more palatable
  4. Frustrated? Focus on all that's right. Once again, gratitude for all we already have is super powerful to call in the even better stuff, relationships, and circumstance!
  5. Impatient? Focus on what's within sight. This practice helps keep us in the present, with our short-term goals right in front of us.
  6. Hustle each day. Appreciate progress each night. Calling in our deepest desires takes daily action--manifestation is not wishing and hoping without taking steps toward what you want. At the end of the day, we can appreciate and feel gratitude for our progress. 
How do you make your dreams come true? Leave us a comment and share your ideas!
Lots of Love,
Dana 

No comments:

Post a Comment