Saturday, March 28, 2015

Let Go . . .

“By letting it go it all gets done.
The world is won by those who let it go.
But when you try and try.
The world is beyond the winning.”
~Lao Tzu

         I'm secretly laughing at the quote above that found me this morning. I awakened at around 2am last night and couldn't really get back to sleep--only just in and out of a dreamlike state until I finally gat out of bed around 7am.
         I'm finding that my mind can really take over and race and race--and I get confused about whether I AM my thoughts, or if my existence is much bigger than just my mind and what I am thinking.
         I actually know the answer already but I am still confounded be just how much my mind has control over my existence, my mood, and my overall well-being.
         I kind of need to demote my MIND out of the driver's seat and into the back of the car, where she can hang out and watch the ride, read a magazine, and take in the beautiful scenery.
Sometimes, my mind works in amazing ways, like, for example when I am in problem-solving mode, or when I need to get stuff done, like correcting papers or planning curriculum.
         But generally, I think that it's in my mind where a lot of the ego stuff that's not so good happens, like, judging myself or others, or comparing myself to others and making up stories in my mind.
         If I really want to learn to live from my heart space, I'm going to need to learn to take a vacation from my brain. 
How do I do that? 
By living in the moment, and finding healthy ways to connect in to my heart & soul energy. Meditation helps, and so does writing, listening to music, hanging out with my kids, or being out in nature. I've noticed that when I'm in creative mode--like cooking, doing crafts, collaging, or writing, time sort of drops off and I feel a great sense of presence.
         What works for you? Leave me a comment and let me know!
Super Duper Heart LovE--
Dana 

No comments:

Post a Comment