Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Teaching my MIND, to MIND!

As I wrote last week, throughout my life, I must admit that my MIND has been in the driver's seat a good part of the time. I have listened to my thoughts, and they have often been in charge of how I feel. I know I've written about this before, but I'm beginning to understand this notion at an increasingly deeper and deeper level. I want to live more fully from my HEART.

Today I listened to a segment called "A Master Yogi's Eye View of Addiction and Recovery" with Guru Singha yogi, teacher, writer, composer-musician, shaman, ordained minister, and healer.

He talked about why at this time in humanity, people are struggling with addictions to substances, behaviors, negative thought processes, food, and relationships, just to name a few. This podcast made me wonder if we individuals who experience these types of negative patterns exhibit the behavior or use the substance to turn off or disrupt negative thought patterns--the ones that remove us from the present moment to beat ourselves up about the past, or to worry about some presumed future that may or may not come to pass.

I wanted to learn more, so I found a blog on Guru Singh's website that read the following:


*********************************************************************************
If you are reading this you came by it because you are one of the pioneers of the future of this exact world. We are here to abandon ignorance; we are here to make information universally available; we are here to increase awareness and produce a global human community in the process. We are here to reduce the entertainment of consumption and increase the attainment of enlightenment. We are here to utilize the vast human neurology for the purpose of discovery and send our children into a future of hope, enthusiasm and peace. We are here to make a difference, not just make a living. We are here to pay back the debt we have created for the future . . . for our children. We are not here to make believe . . . we are here to believe we can make it.
*********************************************************************************
One phrase that hit me from his blog is, "We are here to reduce the entertainment of consumption and increase to attainment of enlightenment." It makes me wonder if we are such a consumer society because we are attempting to soothe our mental habits or our negative patterns of thought with substances and activities outside ourselves--in this manner, we are never filled up because we are looking from without rather than from within to satisfy what Mastin Kipp calls "the God-sized hole."

Enlightenment can only come from a place of self-reflection and quiet, so the next question I have is: How can we first teach ourselves attainment of enlightenment rather than entertainment of consumption AND THEN FOLLOW TO teach our children attainment of enlightenment rather than entertainment of consumption?

This may be my most important question that drives our purpose on the planet, at this time in the Universe, at this stage in our evolution right.


Please join the conversation by sharing your comments on the blog. We would love to hear them!

Love:evoL(ve),
;) Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment