Wednesday, October 14, 2015

GiVe oF yOu . . .


Give yourself entirely to those around you. 
Be generous with your blessings. 
A kind gesture can reach a wound that only
compassion can heal.
 ~Steve Maraboli
Hey All--

This post is inspired by the Purpose Fairy--a blog I receive every week! Today, she wrote the following:
There are so many things we can all offer to those around us and believe it or not many of these things are free. If you have material things you would like to give away to those who have less than you do, give it, and if you feel like you don’t have any material possession to offer, give them your time, your knowledge, your love and support and many of the things you have that cost you nothing but they value a lot.
JOY OF GIVING
A woman who was traveling alone in the mountains found a precious stone in a stream.
The next day she met another traveler who was hungry, the woman opened her bag to share her food.
The hungry traveler saw the precious stone and asked the woman to give it to him. She did so without hesitation.
The traveler left, rejoicing in his great fortune. He knew the stone was worth enough to give him security for a lifetime.
But a few days later he came back to return the stone to the woman.
“I’ve been thinking,” he said, “I know how valuable the stone is, but I give it back in the hope that you can give me something even more precious. Give me what you have within you that enabled you to give me the stone.”
The woman smiled, “The joy of giving!”

What do you have to give? Leave us a comment and share it! I personally want to make a commitment to give to every person I encounter . . . that can be as simple as a smile!

What can you give?

Huggers!
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment