Thursday, October 22, 2015

gOt (her)sToRy?


"Friends can help each other.
A true friend is someone who lets you have total freedom to be yourself-and especially to feel. 
Or, not feel. 
Whatever you happen to be feeling at the moment is fine with them. 
That's what real love amounts to-
letting a person be what he really is." 

- Jim Morrison, songwriter

HeLLo dEaR OneS,

hOpe this message finds you amazing . . . or not. Let me rephrase that: hOpe this message finds you wherever you are.
Caught up with one of my besties the other day and it turns out we both had kind of a rough week (yay! it's Sunday!). I'm so glad I have a friend who I can be totally honest with, and who stil thinks I'm amazing, even if things aren't all wOnDerFuL! Anyway, as we were catching up on the phone & exchanging stories about the messed up stuff that had happened to us and how dreAdFul it is, after all (well, not really, but I'll explain . . .).

As I listened and talked and we regurgitate the details, it ALL began to sound very fAmiLiar.
Now, I've known my friend for almost 10 years now, and more recently she has become one of my closest chums. And what I realized today, was that we have been telling the same stories (different specific content, but basically the same story line--) OVER & OVER & OVER & OVER & OVER & OVER & OVER & OVER & OVER & OVER & OVER & OVER & . . . (you get the point).

And, in the middle of the conversation we had kind of an AHA moment (enter parade with trumpets blaring, etc.), that our experiences and stories are 100% about US (not about the other people or circumstances we were complaining about). My friend curiously said that the only thing we can change about our stories is US! I think what she meant is that these same stories will keep showing up until we can react differently to people and situations that trigger us, set boundaries with with the same people and situations, and then let go of the story and focus on taking care of oUrSelves and living in our own personal integrity. 

After all,
life is one big
MIRROR:RORRIM
So,
I suppose that means if I change myself, 
I will change what I see in the mirror.
Hmmn . . . . . 


Personally, my story is getting pretty boring to me, and I'm not so sure telling it anymore is making my relationships any better, ar any more deep and lasting (although my friends and family have, in fact, been pretty patient...thanks aLL! I promise I've been working on dropping it!).

I BELIEVE IT'S
TIME
FOR ME TO DROP MY STORY--again.

So, how do we drop our story from the past and live in the present moment? And, at the same time, step forward into the possibilities for our future?

I'm going to noodle on that overnight . . . and talk to some of my people. I obviously need some help with it, or I wouldn't be attracting the same stuff over and over. Do you have any ideas? Let me know in the comments!

Once upon a time, . . . Once upon a time, . . . THE END! 
LoVE,
DaNa

No comments:

Post a Comment