Thursday, November 5, 2015

Become a Student and Expert of You!


"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to
make you something else
is the greatest accomplishment."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dear FunFreeStudents&Teachers;

Did you ever think of yourself as a student and a teacher? You may not realize it, but by learning about your actions, thoughts, feelings, and words--you are constantly in flux between being a student and a teacher. When you are learning about yourself, you are actually teaching you about you. 

In my life, how I treat ME is the highest form of learning about and teaching ME that I matter, I am worthy, and I simply AM. I am coming to realize how important it is that we each become students and an experts of ourSelves. By that, I mean shedding light upon and making peace with both our egos and our spiritual cores, our minds and our hearts--all that makes us human beings  and spiritual beings.

If we think about the planet (and the galaxy) as a huge school, we can begin to view and honor our relationships and experiences as lessons toward our highest Go(o)D.

Earlier in my life, I had very small capacity for reflecting on myself and my own behaviors; now, I truly believe that my most important function and highest calling in the Universe is to get to know Me, to love and accept myself, and to love and serve others. 

But this kind of self-reflection doesn't come so easy for some (including me . . .). And, it's not often that we are taught how to do it. We are afraid of what we might find in our deepest, dark spots--so we turn away and adopt behaviors that enable us to deny these parts of ourselves . . . We are scared we are deficient, broken, and not enough. But once we open ourselves up to dying to these parts of ourselves, we can be reborn. And it doesn't matter anymore what others say, think, or believe.

"Call me whatever you like; I am who I must be." 
~ Friedrich Nietzsche

I don't know about you, but I have been called some nasty S&!T(uff) in my life--very publicly, and closely in my circle. I suppose some of it's a bit true, but mostly not. What I've learned is not to defend myself, because that gives energy to the information, and it depletes me, and what I now know is that whatever someone else says about me is not really about me, but is a projection of someone's stuff onto me (just like my own judgement of others). I've been called many names-and it's really okay. These situations have made me better. They help me to define and know the truth about ME--which doesn't depend on anyone else. And, I don't always make sense or remain constant in my behavior--but that's okay, too. I'm human.
"Do I contradict myself?
Very well, then,
I contradict myself.
I am large, I contain multitudes."
~Walt Whitman

I don't know about you, but I TRUST THE WALT!
Not really, . . . I trust ME, the one and only Dana Lynne Curry (Bradach)! (note rhyme: ME & CURRY)
Love YOU!
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment