Tuesday, November 10, 2015

aSk & it sHaLL B giVen . . .


"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find;
knock and the door will be opened to you."
Matthew 7:7

Last week I wrote about how my kids have started helping me with running our home, and it's a great relief for me. And rather than expecting my kids to read my mind and know what to do without my asking, I learned that all I had to do was ask and they are more than happy to help!

I was watching "The Secret" with my best friend a couple of weeks ago--we highly recommend it! It's based on the book by the same name by Rhonda Byrne, and it's all about the law of attraction, which basically holds that whatever you put out into the Universe comes back to you. In other words, whatever state of mind we may find ourselves in, we will see reflected back to us in how we interpret events, relationships, and experiences in our lives.

Makes sense, doesn't it? After all, have you ever noticed that positive folks tend to see things in a positive light, and draw even more positive stuff into their lives? On the other hand, people who live in generally negative states of mind keep drawing the crappy stuff into their lives over and over, so that it becomes a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy that their lives pretty much suck.

This notion of the law of attraction is actually pretty powerful stuff, if you think about it. It means that we can actually determine to a great extent the shape of our lives by how we choose to see. Ask yourself:

Is your cup half-full, or is it half-empty?
Do you live in a paradigm of abundance, or one of lack?
Are you generally positive, or negative?
Do you live a life full of gratitude, or resentment?

Today, I challenge you to intentionally have an uber-positive attitude-- and be grateful and love everything that's right in front of you--even the crappy tough stuff. See what happens! And then--let us know in the comments tomorrow! In the meantime, checkout "The Secret" from Apple TV or NetFlix. It's amazing stuff!

Lots of Love,
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment