Friday, November 13, 2015

U R gEniUs . . . aT bEiNg U!

Everybody is a genius; 
but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
~Albert Einstein

Dear Fun & Free Peeps!

Have you ever seen a school of fish swimming together? One thing that amazes me about fish is that when they swim in  a school, they work as a group--and they don't even touch each other or run into other fish! Check out this vid!
It's almost like they operate as one unified body, isn't it? How do they do that? I'm not a biology person, but there's something very natural about how these beautiful creatures operate as a school. I think it might be in their genes that they are naturally aware of other fish around them and gauge their speed and movement accordingly. I've also read that fish travel in a group because they are more protected, and they swim so close together so that from afar some predators view a school of fish as one big creature. I wonder if humans would benefit from a similar, more interconnected way of life. Hmnnnnn . . .

But I digress . . . Einstein's quote above brings me back to the subject of this blog: Each of us is, well, a GENIUS . . . at being uniquely ourselves! Because we humans are one species, we often kind of ASSume that other people should be like us, be good at the same things as we are, or like the similar stuff. I mean, we tend to judge other for not being or feeling or operating like we do, but we would never look at a fish and think, "Man, that fish is totally crappy at walking. That is well, unbelievable!"

Einstein's words are a nice reminder to me that everybody is exactly where they should be, and that my job is to keep my focus on Dana and allow others to be freely themselves; I am on this Earth to be uniquely and supremely myself, as are others. It also reminds me that my judgements are about ME, and are not really about the person I'm judging (and other people's judgements about me are also . . . not about me).

Anyway, when I was a kid, I used to want to be like others, but now I know that it's not even possible and insanely boring! I celebrate the fact that I'm sort of random, I laugh often and hard (and cry, too!), and feel deeply. I find joy in teensy-weensy stuff (like my favorite stickers or a yummy-smelling candle!) and I pay it forward by trying to smile and be kind to everyone I encounter. I have awkward dance moves, and love making faces. It's all good; it's just . . . ME!

What makes you unique? Leave a comment and share your awesomeness with us!

Lots of Love,
;0) Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment