it'll aLL mAke SeNse sOOn . . .
wELL heLLo tHeRe!
Earlier in the week, the video from TheChopraWell (click on it if you haven't already watched it!) gave us 7 things to do to get rid of crappy overwhelm-ish gross feelings. The steps are:
- Take responsibility for your present emotions
- Witness what you are feeling
- Label your feelings
- Express your feelings
- Share your feelings with someone you trust
- Release toxic emotions through a ritual
- Celebrate the release of the feelings
Yesterday I gave my translation of the first 3 steps. Here's my take on the 4th and 5th steps:
5. Share your feelings with someone you trust: this is important 'cuz then we don't feel so alone. I have been known in the past to share feelings in hopes of manipulating others into feeling sorry for me or taking care of me--nOt PoWeRfUL & NoT a GoOd ideA (we really have to learn self-care around healing our emotional states)-- or even worse, I have shared my feelings with someone who was toxic and made me feel worse. It's bad enough that I shame myself, Or, they argue with me for how I feel or tell me not to feel that way . . . P.S. one of my besties told me that it really helps to ask your friend to just listen and let you vent without trying to solve it--that way s/he knows what they're geting into and what's expected!
Whew! We're almost through to the last step. Secretly, I realized that the reason I have still felt a bit crapp-ish is that I didn't really finish the last two steps--super important for letting go of the yucky stuff with
aBsOluTeLy nO tUrNinG bAcK!
Tomorrow, we'll check out the last two, and I'll figure out a release ritual and celebration! Wooooooooo Hoooooooooo! cAn'T wAiT!
tOOdlEs & tOOtS!