Friday, April 17, 2015

fun & free 2 feeL it aLL . . . (part 4)

AmAzING nAturE!
DeAr funfreePps!

After a couple of weeks of going through some tough emotions, I have been blogging a bit about feelings. Earlier this week I shared a vid from TheChopraWell describing 7 steps we can take to get rid of gross, unpleasant, toxic feelings. Here's a RaInBoW recap of the steps from the vid:  
  1. Take responsibility for your present emotions
  2. Witness what you are feeling
  3. Label your feelings
  4. Express your feelings
  5. Share your feelings with someone you trust
  6. Release toxic emotions through a ritual
  7. Celebrate the release of the feelings

The past couple of days, I shared some thoughts about the first 5 steps (see the earlier blog for my experiences & take on them!). So, today, I'll give some feedback on steps 6, & 7--these are the ones I believe we often forget. Here goes: 

6. Release toxic emotions through a ritual: this helps us let go and move on. How many of us hold onto past pain and resentment 'cuz it helps up feel better thanright (and THEY'RE wrong), stuck, a victim, or paralyzed. If we don't release our feelings, it only hurts us. I personally love doing rituals, and I'll blog more about some ideas tomorrow. . .

7. Celebrate the release of the feelings: This is kind of a continuation of the ritual, but in a more positive, grateful, "I'm gonna move on" type of way. It is also a way to honor and claim your emotional process, forgive yourself and others, and give yourself a hug &  

A BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE!

So, after watching this video, I am thinking that what I have left off the process of feeling my feelings has to do with the last 2 steps Chopra describes: the release ritual & the celebration of release--maybe nOt taking care of these last 2 steps is what left me with the
                                  OvER
                           hAng 
 of left over emotion. Since they both have to do with rituals (and I am ALL ABOUT the RiTuALs), I can't wait to write some more thoughts about that tomorrow--
So grateful to be growing with you!

LotS & lOts of LuV!
:o) dana

No comments:

Post a Comment