Wednesday, July 25, 2012

be(LoVe)d II !

be(LoVe)d !
07.25.12.

"The moment you have in your heart
this extraordinary thing called love
and feel the depth,
the delight, the ecstasy of it,
you will discover that for you the world is transformed." 

—Jiddu Krishnamurti

HeY aLL!


I know I have been blogging about the meditations I have been doing lately, but I don't think I told you that the theme of 21-day series is "Free to Love."
I don't know about you, but I used to think that when people did something I thought was wrong, mean, unloving, or downright hateful--to me, others, the planet, and that includes animals--I didn't really consider my reaction to be a choice. 
I just got mad . . .
In other words, they just flat out pissed me right off!
So . . . really (you're not gonna like this, maybe . . .) I allowed someone else besides me to be in charge of my response and how I allowed myself to feel.

(not very powerful . . . )
I am such a victim of well, LiFe! boo-hoo!

Now, don't get me wrong . . . we all have emotions about outside events and definitely are allowed to have feelings about the stuff that happens to us!
and
it's our job to identify how we feel, set boundaries with people who have behaviors we don't like & share our feelings with people--like BFFs who feel safe--with the Universe or God, or with (in my case!) my super BFF:
my JoUrNAL
(get it? it's like a place where you write about your
JoUrNey??
When all is said and done, we are the only ones who can forgive others and let go of being mad, resentful, right, or sad. Forgiveness really doesn't have to do with anyone else.
Know why?
'Cuz resentment only hurts the person who carries it. If you hold your breath, does it effect anyone else? If you hold onto a hot coal, does anyone else get burned?

Holding onto resentment is like 
holding your breath 
-- only you suffocate. 
Deepak Chopra

Hear ME!--This absolutely does not mean that the actions, behaviors, thoughts, words, and deeds of others are okay--that's not the point. The point is, that generally, people act out of meeting their own unmet needs--and how they behave really has nothing to do with you. As Chopra also said, "People act out of their own level of consciousness." In other words, as I wrote a couple of days ago:
peOplE
arE
dOing
aNd
BeIng
tHeir 
Best...
and sometimes their best is pretty lame . . .
(believe me, I get it . . . been there, done that!)
But sometimes, my best is even more lame . . .
so I need to SHUT THE FRONT DOOR and work on me,
rather than find fault with everyone else.
So the gift of forgiveness
is a gift we give to ourselves,
and then,
we can look backward and forward
aGAIN
(get it? you gain something?!)
in LoVe, be(LoVe)d!
So my question is this: What can you forgive, so you can be more comfortable and at ease?
And I want to tell you some of my TrUth: forgiving myself for the crap I've done--and I was truly doing my best at my place of (un)consciousness--has been the most difficult thing I've ever done in my JOURNey--not forgiving others, 'cuz that feels easier.
Here's a beautiful piece of meditation about for-giveness; it's 4-you!

Meditation: Forgiveness


What do you have to forgive in you and in others? Let me know in the comments!
I heart U!
;) dana

 p.s. The Chopra 21-day meditation challenge is free and amazingly transformative! If you're interested, click on Chopra 21-day Meditation Challenge. Remember, you don't have to be perfect about it--even meditating once has amazing and lasting benefits!

No comments:

Post a Comment