Friday, July 27, 2012

gOt cOuRaGe? B FeAr-LesS!

"hOt Dogs!"
random picture
nothing do with my blog, 
but super cute, anyway
07.26.12.


Hey All fUn&fRee feArLESS pEEplE:


I think I shared with you in last week or two that this summer is our "SUMMER OF RISKS" for my family. Which, really means, that we are trying to tune into what we are scared of--AND INTENTIONALLY DO THOSE THINGS THAT scArE us The MoStEsT! 


. . . seems kind of wierd, 'cuz I've lived mostly escaping or running away from my fears. My mentor, Mastin, has taught me that my fear has to tell me what I need to do next--like a signpost or a roadmap. For example, if I'm scared of telling my friend how I feel, that means it's EXACTLY what I need to DO! 


OMG! It's like, the total freakin' OPPOSITE of how I've lived my life. Jeesh!


. . . good thing I get it now. . . I'm lucky!
___________________________________________
"Go to your fears, sit with them, stare at them. Your fears are your friend, their only job is to show you undeveloped parts of yourself that you need to cultivate to live a happy life. The more you do the things you're most afraid of doing the more life opens up. Embrace your fears and your fears will embrace you."
- Jackson Kiddard
___________________________________________
So, according to this amazing quote, we are suposed to be friends with stuff that scares the CrAp out of us--and, (what the heck?)--our fears are friends--they show us what we NEED TO DO--WHAT WE MUST DO-- TO GROW.


Story opportunity: My daughter, Chloe, told me she saw a book at the bookstore called Courage (Waber) that she wanted to get--so, because I knew it was the summer of risks (and Courage goes with it) we went down to our awesome neighborhood bookstore called the Wild Rumpus and bought the book!
So weird! When I got home from buying this book, I got a package from UPS delivering a book that I forgot I ordered a few months back. Guess what it was called? Courage (Ford)
We had both wanted the same book? AND they arrived on the same day! 
Coincidence? NO WAY! 
Synchronicity? YES WAY!
SO what exactly is synchronicity?

English teacher moment:
syn = same
chron = time
icity = the quality of

So, it basically means the quality of occurring at the same time. I also call these magical moments, awakening calls, fairy whispers, Universe knocks, GodWinks, and signs.
They call: HEAR ME! PAY ATTENTION. THIS IS NOT A COINCIDENCE.

These moments happen to me almost every day now, because I have learned to pay attention and listen. It could be a strangers conversation, a piece of paper I find, a bug or an animal, or a hug from my children. Here's what Deepak Chopra has to say about synchronicity: (Mr. Blingly glasses!!!!--go Deepak! It's uR birThdAY!)
Have you ever experienced a synchronicity that u were aware of? Let me know in the comments!

No coincidences, yo!
So much love!
;0) dana

 p.s. I'm doing the Chopra 21-day meditation challenge! It's free and amazingly transfomative! If you're interested, click here! Chopra 21-day Meditation Challenge. Remember, you don't have to be perfect about it--even meditating once has amazing and lasting benefits!

No comments:

Post a Comment