Friday, July 13, 2012

mY bAby gIrL!

Hey yoU aLL!


My baby girl, Chloe, is upstairs in the mommy bed sleeping sweetly and soundly. She is so so so so so so so tired. Chloe has diabetes, which means her body does not process sugar . . . so, every time she eats anything with sugar, she needs insulin 'cuz her body doesn't make it in her pancreas.


She is so brave and smart because of her disease, AND it's really hard sometimes. She's tired, and when her blood sugar is HIGH she get a tummy ache and headache, and when it's LOW she feels faint--like she is going to pass out, and she also gets sleepy.


I have learned so much about being present from Chloe. Like, for example, I really didn't want to do my blog tonight, 'cuz I want to take care of her. If she weren't asleep, I was just going to tell all of you that I couldn't blog today.


Anyway, Chloe just woke up, and she feels fine. She wants me to tell you:"Yo--Chloe's in the House!"


I know that the best gift I can give to the people in my life is BEING PRESENT. Which means--I pay attention to what is RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME AS IF THAT IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IN MY LIFE!


When I was at my spiritual community on Sunday, the speaker was encouraging us to live as if every thing, every moment, every object in our lives, is sacred. If it's not sacred, it needs to go.


What do you think about that?
Let me know in the comments . . . 
So much love!
;0) dana

2 comments:

  1. TOtalLY AgrEE BABy SIS -- ThAT IS why THey cALL IT the PRESENT -- BEcause it IS sUch a GIFT (if YOU can be THERE).

    ReplyDelete
  2. yo chriss do u hiss?
    from ChlOe

    ReplyDelete