Sunday, July 15, 2012

got hAppY? oF cOurSe yOu dO!

"I am responsible for my own happiness!"
bEcoMing funfreeMe: Installation VI
07.15.12


GoodDay funandfreePeePs!

In case you haven't noticed, most of my Personal Codes of Truth are about me taking back my own power and listening the Universe guide me everyday. Cool, 'cuz that guidance is inside my heart and my gut if I can get quiet enough to listen to it! So, that's actually helped me become more independent and responsible 'cuz I really can't blame others for my reality, my relationships, my stories, or my choices.
SO, my next Personal Code of Truth is: 
I am responsible for my own happiness!
***********************************************************
Here's a cool piece about hApPiNeSs:

Tell everyone you know:
"My happiness depends on me, so you're off the hook."
And then demonstrate it.
Be happy, no matter what they're doing.
Practice feeling good, no matter what.
And before you know it,
you will not give anyone else responsibility for the way you feel-and then, you'll love them all.
Because the only reason you don't love them,
is because you're using them as your excuse to not feel good. 


~Esther Hicks inspirational speaker and best-selling author
*********************************************************************************

Like the quote says above, I get to choose where my energy and attention goes! Personally, I prefer the good stuff to the crap, and that means appreciating what's right in front of me. For example, 
  • right now I am eating my favorite treat--a delicious, icy coconut popsicle!--how lucky am I
  • and, I get to go for a nice jog in the park later--life is good!--
  • and, I'm doing one of my fav activities--writing to all of you! what could be better
  • and, I got a fabulous text from my daughter, Chloe, that said: "Sup yo this is Chloe I love you so much you are the best mom in the whole world I love you It's cool"--that's the awesomest message a mom could ever get!
  • and, (could there be more? . . . why yes!) I got an amazing LoVE LeTTer from my own mom! She's an beautifully gifted poet: (p.s. I've been wanting a love letter lately, so thanks, Mom!) That's the awesomest message a daughter could ever get! Here's what she wrote:
If I were to choose a daughter,
it would be you
for your generous heart,
for your zany sense of humor,
for your challenges in life,
for what you have taught me,
for your loving thoughtfulness,
for your beautiful spirit,
for your tenacity,
for your strength,
for your courage,
for your adventure-some-ness,
for your empathic soul,
for your willingness to
keep on learning.
In other words,
God loves you
and gave me a great gift in you.
Love,
Mom

p.s. not sure what tenacity is, but I assume it's a good thing?!#!


Any-hoo, good thing I'm paying attention to all the yummy  juicy great stuff in front of me! I'm learning so much right now--in life, business school, relationships, and well, in everything! I'm even taking a class called Living the Empowered You through an online community called en*theos Academy. Check it out by clicking on it! It's being taught by Michael Eisen, the founder of the Youth Wellness Network--here's a preview of the course: LEY: Preview.

I personally believe we all have a birthright to be amazingly happy---life doesn't have to be dramatic and hard all the time (although we all have our ups and downs...). Just remember that when it gets tough, we can come out the other side with more tools and choices, if we choose to learn from the crappy stuff.

How do you stay in your happy place? Leave an amazing comment or story and let me know!

BuCkeTs o' LoVe!
;0)  dana


p.s. English teacher question: Can anyone explain in the comments why I didn't capitalize the first mom in the last bullet of gifts, but I capitalized the second word mom? Anyone? . . . anyone? Alana? Honors English students? Let me know in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment