Friday, August 7, 2015

bE . . . pReSenT !

heLLo funfreefollowing!

Yesterday, i blogged about how dogs (like Teddy!), babies, and kids are all really good at being in the moment, or being in the NOW(as, in, like . . . 
right 
now
you are reading this blog . . .).
A lot of times, when i'm actually doing something, i'm not really paying attention--like, my mind is elsewhere (like, worrying about the past or the future, of course)and my body is going through the motions (of life). sometimes i catch myself watching me (dana) in my own personal movie . . . i'm doing stuff but my mind is totally
checked out.
. . . this bad habit kind of robs me of my life cuz i'm not actually experiencing what is in front of me (which is a huge gift!). 

Go(o)D NeWs: we can choose our habits of thought---and, we can replace old habits that don't work anymore, with new and improved habits that make life even mOrE aMaZing!

So HOW do we beComE more pReSent? Here are a few iDeAs:

  • breathe deeply (and pay attention while you do it . . .)
  • hang out in nature--notice how amazing our world is!
  • play with kids, animals, and babies--they require that you stay in the present!
  • do what you love and live your passion! being creative is deeply engaging and takes us to a different state of consciousness . . . sometimes called a flow state...time drops off!
  • try meditating . . . it really calms your mind. Here's a short meditation. It's really nice . . .


More about peace tomorrow . . .
Have a beautiful day, and remember to 
B     r     e     a     t     h     e !

Gobs of love and peace!

dana







No comments:

Post a Comment