Tuesday, August 18, 2015

wE R pHilOspPherS!

There's So mUcH LovE
everywHERE!

dEaR UniVersAL lOvE-yOuS!

I think I probably have a lot of philosopher in me, and I have to admit that the kids in my 8th grade English classes have heard my thoughts about life for years (poor dears, . . . I'll send you all Jolly Ranchers! . . . just leave your contact information in the comments below ;) . . .). Here are some of my favorite philosophies: 
You are born in this world to . . .
  • enjoy yourself, love yourself, and laugh loud and hard (especially at yourself--and your dear old English teacher, Ms. Curry Bradach . . . remember the fake teeth & poo?!)
  • give yourself permission to use your voice and express your feelings--both good and bad--
  • be kind and generous--there is plenty of everything to go around and around and around and around
  • make mistakes and learn from them, and continue to love yourself and others, despite your flaws
  • live a life of gratitude--for the good stuff and the challenging stuff
  • you are in charge of yourself--this includes your happiness!
  • be fully and greatly themselves (and not cheap imitations of other people)
  • find your passions and use your gifts to serve others
If you were in my class and you can think of any others, leave a comment below!!!! Or, if you have any personal philosophies, please share them!

mILes of hUgS and sMiLes!
;) me 

Here's a cool, short meditation from the Chopra Center. It's only 3:33 long (my magic number), so give it a try!


 p.s. I'm doing the Chopra 21-day meditation challenge! It's free and amazingly transfomative! If you're interested, click here! Chopra 21-day Meditation Challenge. Remember, you don't have to be perfect about it--even meditating once has amazing and lasting benefits!

No comments:

Post a Comment