Sunday, August 9, 2015

gOt pEaCe? . . . (cont'd)

"To experience peace does not mean that 
your life is always
blissful. 
It means that you
are capable
of tapping into a blissful state of mind 
amidst the normal chaos of a hectic life."
~J.B. Taylor

Hey ffpps!

Here's a cool mantra by Snatam Kaur called Ong Namo; you can listen to it while you read my blog today, if you want! 

Hope your week was amazing! So about the whole peace thing . . . I can remember when I was a kid constantly waiting for stuff on the outside (like, for example, how mean kids were, parents fighting, too much homework, girl drama, etc. . . . the list goes on forever!!!! . . . or does it? . . .) to quiet down or get easier SO THAT I COULD START TO FEEL BETTER.

Yikes . . . I was doing a lot of waiting, and stuff usually didn't settle down for long until 
BAM!
Stuff got crazy again, and then I felt like crap, again . . .

The problem with living like this is that it's really exhausting for a lot of reasons, but here's a few off the top of my head:

One, I was constantly waiting to feel better . . . to find peace.

Two, I was depending on stuff on the outside (instead of my insides) for my happiness . . . and GUESS WHAT? I can't control what happens on the outside . . .

Three, during the times when I actually felt okay, I knew it wasn't going to last, so I worried about when the drama would happen again that would make me feel worse!

TO SUMMARIZE (and this is the crazy circle): When I felt okay, I was waiting to feel un-okay again, and when I felt not-okay, I was waiting to feel okay again. . . sounds pretty dumb, huh?

I was not in the moment, not present, not enjoying the NOW (remember when I blogged about being present, like with animals or kids? . . .). 

I was in the waiting space . . . waiting . . . and waiting . . .

Top Secret Information: If you are in the now, worry, and waiting, and tImE all drop away . . . and you are left with the 
raw experience in front of you . . . the NOW.

Today, I challenge you to make

s...............p..............a...............c...............e...............

for the present. 

Go to your place of peace, or I invite you to click on the quiet place:
  

Hope you all have a beautiful day!

Love and pEaCe . . .

;) dana

No comments:

Post a Comment