Monday, December 21, 2015

bE gO(o)D to YoU!

dear fun & free pEOple . . .

I have to say that I've been a bit anxious lately (which you probably already know, if you follow my blog). I keep making lists in my head, and worrying that I'll forget something important.

Well, yesterday I did something (r)EVOLUTIONARY!

First, I wrote down major categories: husband, kids, friends, school, house, funfreeMe, and LIFE! And then, I downloaded everything out of my brain and barfed it onto the paper.

You know what? . . . I realized that my list isn't even that long . . . and I was getting so overwhelmed. Even just getting it on paper calmed me down a TON!

In the past, what I've tried to do is get everything done superFAST so I can actually relax, instead of moving through my activities, and giving each my full attention and presence, trusting that I'll know what the next right thing to do will be--

Somewhere along the way, I learned that if I'm superBUSY and get things done superFAST in a superPERFECT way, I'll get extra credit or something. TOTAL VICTIM of busYness and PERFECTION!

Same with suffering. I used to believe that if I held onto the past and kept reliving pain, I would get extra credit for my extra suffering. TOTAL VICTIM of pAIn (in the butt) and DRAMA!

Secret information: We are human BEings not human DOings. We need to enjoy life along the way and not freak out over all the stuff we have to do, after all, there's always more stuff to add to our lists.

"In Micronesian, there's a word, kukaro, which has no corresponding word in English. When people say they are going to kukaro, they mean they are going to relax, sit around, and hang out. They are being, not doing."
--Eli and Beth Halpern


I sure don't know any Micronesian, and I don't even know where it's spoken, do you? Leave me a comment and let me know! but I love the idea of kukaro, and I'm going to put more kukaro-ing into my life!

PeAcE--
xXoXox0x dana

No comments:

Post a Comment