Saturday, December 26, 2015

I think I can, I think I can . . .


Hey All--

So I am in the process of finishing organizing my writing--feels a bit clunky and new, and, to be honest, scary.
The good news is, I am telling myself that I CAN DO THIS, even though it may take a little bit of time and patience.

Anyway, like I was writing this past week, I'm not letting my fearful thoughts get in the way of taking baby steps toward my goals; and when I think about it (thoughts . . . ) I am reminded that fearful thoughts are usually about the future, and they take me away from being present and engaged in chiseling away at the task or moment in front of me.


 I am also reminded of one of my favorite childhood stories called "The Little Engine That Could" by Watty Piper. The little engine had a powerful mantra: I think I can--that served him well and led him to conquer what others believed was insurmountable. 

The power of positive thoughts can serve us in a similar way. What is your power mantra? As usual, leave us a comment and share your power!

Lots of love,
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment