Wednesday, December 2, 2015

I AM (bLeSsEd) . . .!

"I waLk tHe paTh. . . iT's mY owN pAtH . . ."


"Both abundance and lack exist simultaneously in our lives, as parallel realities.
It is always our conscious choice 
which secret garden we will tend ... 
when we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives
but are grateful for the abundance that's present--
love, health, family, friends, work, the joys of nature
and personal pursuits that bring us pleasure -
the wasteland of illusion falls away and we experience Heaven on earth." 
- Sarah Ban Breathnach


hEy aLL--
I have something reaLLy aMazing to share with yOu:

I walked
oVer 2 miles
today . . .
for
the
first
time
in
months.

Why is this amazing? Because I have been injured and in chronic pain for the first time in my life. I am a runner, and I haven't run for a long time. I am feeling . . . well, gelatinous!

BackStory: I am a teacher, so I am (usually) running around all day every day; I am also a bit ADD, so I am always in motion--no matter where I am . . . (but not lately . . .). I have been trying to take care of myself. 

Here's how:
  • I have had massage
  • I had a cortisone shot
  • I went to an energy healer
  • I have cried like a baby out of frustration
  • I had an MRI, and I found out I have degenerative bone loss at the bottom of my spine . . . $#!t . . . but not really. My body has been screaming at me to take care of myself for a long time . . .
After all,
  • I am not crawling up and down the stairs on all fours like a doggy anymore--rUfF RuFf.
  • I can acTuAlLY make it to work each day.
  • I can sleep for a few hours at a time without waking up from pain.
So, I got to the point where I was actually talking to my pain. Seriously. I have been honoring it and asking what it's been trying to teach me of what message it has been sending. Here's what I heard:
Dana:
Take care of yourself.
Slow down.
Quit running and pay attention.

I waLk tHe paTh. . . iT's mY owN pAtH . . . especially 'cuz I can't rUn right now.
I am so very grateful . . . for wALkIng. . . for wAlking . . . 
LiFe is gO(o)d!
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment