Sunday, December 13, 2015

sPeAk uR tRuTh . . .


Right now I'm rereading MIND OVER MEDICINE by Lissa Rankin, M.D. While I'm not quite done yet, I haven't been able to put it down since I came to the desert. The main message I'm getting from the book so far is that I have the power to heal myself, which I've always known, but we humans tend to forget what we know from time to time, so we need to be nudged or shaken (or encouraged) back into consciousness. (Note: this does not mean traditional medicine is out the door by any means).

Let's just say I've had some big information coming in from the Universe lately that has reminded me to WAKE UP! The way we can heal ourselves is very (NOT) simple: It's by listening to our bodies, choosing our thoughts wisely, speaking our truth, and feeling our feelings. For those of you who follow my blog, you've probably read before that I have been struggling off and on in my life with my thoughts, or my self-talk.

This process of interacting and mastering my monkey-mind has been a lifelong journey, but this I know (from so many sources): Meditation is a great practice for calming your mind.

And that's just what I'm going to do now. Here's an amazing mindfulness meditation to try today:


Check it out and leave a comment to share your experience!
Huggies,
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment