Monday, January 11, 2016

cHoOsE yOuR oWn pAth!



The Road Not Taken
 Robert Frost (1874–1963)
Mountain Interval (1920)

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

5
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

10
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

15
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.20


Oh dEaR fUnfReepEEps!

Okay, I don't know about all of you, but this Robert Frost poem is one of those that most kids have had the
opportunity (funny how we teachers use the word) to study and memorize in high school or college (your'e welcome, you can start memorizing now and thank me later . . . ;).

It's basically about being faced with a decision in life where we really have two choices, or paths. One is worn and well-traveled (like, as in, other people have been there, done that path)--and taking that road is kind of like following what others have already done, as in a safe path. The other path is the "one less-traveled"--the unknown, or unsure. Like, as in, not so easy and not so safe (and fewer people have traveled that path).

Have you ever been faced with a hard choice, and you knew the right path for you would be difficult, and less-traveled--like UnChArTed sPoOkY territory? Scary? NOT so much . . .

Well, here's the gO(0)d news! The Universe would never present you with such a choice (which really isn't usually a choice 'cuz you know in your gut and heart--oops! almost typed FaRt!--what is right and true 4 you!).

As I was saying, The Universe would never present yoU with such a choice UNLESS you R brAve and ReadY to face the cHaLLenGe! WhicH LEadS us back to trUst (notice the capital U which stands for yoU and the Universe--and, guess what?!!!. . . when you are a team with the Universe . . .

the PoSsiBiliTieS R eNdLess . . . .
so,
be grateful that you are at a place in the path where you can choose!

('cuz in your former life, you would not have even seen the two different paths, yo! you would have done what you have always done! you know--the safe and easy thing? there's the awesome news! huh?)

I was talking to one of my amazing & beautiful (and good looking) cLoSest cHuMs one day (what's up C ? I knew you'd be pleased . . . & I loVe you bro), and he has been having many cOoL and sometimes icKy groWing pAinS (in the butt . . . jk!). My friend feels alone, sometimes, which I totally get. Being brave and living and speaking our TRUTH can be a (s)hero-ic journey! But it's so, so worth it, 'cuz we are on this Earth to be the best possible hu(wo)man beings that only we are meant to BE--which only we can define.
What amazing crossroads have you come to, and what brave decision have you made? Let us know in the comments! You are a gift to this Universe! We all are!

So much LoVe!
;0) dana banana
(made that one up--doesn't rhyme! oh well!)

No comments:

Post a Comment