Thursday, January 7, 2016

dIvE iN . . .


"When in deep water, 
become a diver."
~Ralph H. Blum~

Have you ever started something, and you really didn't exactly know what they heck you were doing or where you were going? But you knew it was the right thing to do, anyway?
(FOR EXAMPLE: THIS BLOG? YIKES!!!!! 
DOUBLE YIKES? WHAT AM I DOING, ANYWAY?)

It's not so easy to continue on a path when you're not sure where you are headed. 

It takes 
courage
and it takes
  faith
 (which is the subject of this blog).

Sometimes we have nO iDeA what we are doing, but in our hearts it's the right thing and we can feel it! Has this ever happened to you?...It's kind of like listening to your gut, which I didn't do when I first named this blog (sEe YesTerdAy's PoSt...)

We just need to tell our inner mean voice
"stop bugging me!!!!!!!!!"
about why I 
can't or shouldn't 
______________ (fill in the blank).
AND,
stop listening to kids and other stuff (like the media!) that could discourage us.

Yep!#%?  I know that's tough stuff when your a kid or a teenager, and guess what? It's also tough for grown ups!
 Living from the 
IN:SIDE OUT and not the OUT:SIDE IN 
takes courage and faith.

I was watching a video from the OWN network (yeah, that's Oprah!) where she interviewed Ram Dass who is a very well-known spiritual leader. She asked him about the difference between faith and belief. He basically said that belief is up in your head (remember my first blog about listening to our thoughts? ...WATCH OUT! they might not be true!); he also said that
faith
on the other hand, 
comes from your heart.
Hmmmnnnnnn.
What do you want to listen to: your head? your heart?
Maybe they can actually have a conversation! Imagine that!

I don't know about you, but I have spent a lot of my life up in my head thinking...and not always trusting my heart (aka feelings). My head sometimes talks me out of listening to my heart, and I am sick of it! I am learning how to tell my head to 
ZIP IT!

As Carl Jung once wrote: 
“Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart … 
Who looks outside, dreams. 
Who looks inside, awakens.”


PICTURE THIS...it's a super sweaty day... and you are dying of heat!
Would you rather stand on the end of the dock for hours thinking about the whether you should jump in? Or, would you rather just jump in and get your butt into the cool water?

Just sayin'  ;) DiVe In!

Lots of LoVe,

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment