Thursday, January 28, 2016

rE-LeAse it . . . for REAL-eAsE . . .


BaLLooNs!

DeAr fUn & fReE foLk!

For the past weeks I have been blogging a bit about feelings. A vid from TheChopraWell described some steps to get rid of yucky, toxic feelings. The last 2 steps were releasing the emotions through a ritual, and then celebrating the release. SInce I'm an English teacher, I want to mention that 
  • "re" literally means back or again
  • "lease" to allow borrow or rent 


6. Release toxic emotions through a ritual: to let go and move on. I personally love doing rituals, and here are a couple of ideas about release rituals:

  • blow up a balloon and as you are blowing air into the balloon, picture the yucky emotions going into the balloon . . . then, either POP the balloon, or release the balloon up into hEaVen!
  • get a big jar of bUbBLeS and as you blow the buBBLeS, do the same thing: picture the pukey gross leftOvER goo going into the bubbles and dissolving up into the heAvEns
  • carry a rock around (like the 20 lb rock I ran 4 miles with) for awhile and then PUT IT DOWN!

7. Celebrate the release of the feelings: This can be a more positive, grateful practice--a way to honor your feelings, forgive yourself and others, and give yourself a big hug. What I would do? Here are some ideas:

  • grab your favorite yummy blankie and take a delicious 2-hour nap!
  • take an awesomely long hot shower with some fizzy shower tablets that smell like lavender or peppermint! 
  • dance to your favorite rockin' song! Here's my favorite song right now--


I don't know about you all, but I really appreciate the process of awakening--you know, being 

WIDE AWAKE

Thanks Katy! (even though it's painful, surprising & hard sometimes . . . ). The other thing, is that it's not always on MY timeline--but I trust that the Universe knows what it's doing. I'm grateful for it all!

LotS & lOts of LuV!
:o) dana

No comments:

Post a Comment