Monday, June 1, 2015

Got Bear?

Dear FunFreePeeps;

Guess what I saw for the first time in my life about two years ago? A real live bear . . . out in the forest! Since I don't believe in coincidences, I look for meaning in absolutely everything . . . so, of course, I took seeing a bear as a sign, or totem.

I have been looking for a bear for awhile; I remember about 6 summers ago, I somehow knew a bear was waiting for me to discover it; but the more I searched for the bear, the more I realized its presence eluded me (which I also took as a sign). At the end of the summer, I sat in my counselor's office, perplexed. I told my story of looking for the bear, and then I suddenly got the chills, turned and looked at Laura straight on, and reported confidently: "Oh my God, I am the bear . . . it's me. And my kids are the cubs." That was the first time a bear found me, and it was, well, . . . me--the Mama bear, protecting her cubs. It all made sense.

Interesting that sometimes the very thing we are looking for can be found right in the mirror, in our own reflection.

Sometimes animals serve as totems--- Webster's defines a totem as: "A natural object, usually an animal that serves as a distinctive, often venerated  [respected]  emblem or symbol, usually a means of personal or spiritual identity." So, when a special animal appears to me, I usually pay attention and figure out the animal's message for me.

According to spiritanimal.com: "In the kingdom of spirit animals, the bear is emblematic of grounding forces and strength. This animal has been worshiped throughout time as a powerful totem, inspiring those who need it the courage to stand up against adversity. As a spirit animal in touch with the earth and the cycles of nature, it is a powerful guide to support physical and emotional healing."

Sounds like important information, my seeing a second bear tonight. While the first bear was for my precious kids, my sense is that this second bear is a sign just for me. Here are some other meanings of the bear totem:
  • fearlessness and inner strength against adversity
  • time to stand up for your beliefs or truth
  • action and leadership, inspires respect
  • healing is coming--physical, emotional, and spiritual--for you and others
  • rest, go inward; find comfort in solitude
  • grounding forces are working
Actually, as I think about it, I have felt that something in me is fundamentally changing, and has been changing for me, . . . slowly--especially over the past year. I am coming into something that feels somewhat familiar, but which has morphed from something vaguely familiar into a stronger, more potent and salient something

I'll have to pay attention and watch for more information in the coming days and weeks; I can't wait!

RoOAaR (in a nice way . . .),
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment