Monday, June 15, 2015

fAce yOuR fEArs . . . iN tHe fACe!


"The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek.
Fear of the unknown is our greatest fear.
Many of us would enter a tiger's lair before we would enter a dark cave.
While caution is a useful instinct,
we lose many opportunities and much of the adventure of life
if we fail to support the curious explorer within us."

- Joseph Campbell
Dear Peeps;

I have begun a very interesting journey today . . . facing my blocks and fear about GUESS WHAT? 
M$n$Y!
I'm not going into a lot of detail about it, but I finally looked at my finances int he eye in an honest way for the first time in a very long time.

I have been avoiding the subject for a long time, like seriously keeping my head in the sand, but this past week my best friend gave me a kick in the butt (very nicely, by the way), and I finally sat down and did a pseudo budget and guess what I learned:

I have enough money! I also have a great job I love, a beautiful house, and I can provide for my amazing children and for all we need.

I am okay.

What was so very horrifying about my fear of money was not actually learning about it, doing a budget, and beginning to navigate the idea of investing . . .

What was horrifying and the worst was . . .

MY FEAR ABOUT IT

not the actual thing . . .

Anyway, within about two hours of spending time talking through my financial situation, I felt like I was on the road to financial empowerment. I mean, I have a lot to learn--I totally know that--but I know I'm stepping in the right direction, with no shame and no apologies.

Today I faced my fear, and I came out the other side, and it gives me so much
COURAGE
and
STRENGTH
to face more of my fears.

Fear . . . NOT!
Love You,
Dana


No comments:

Post a Comment